Wednesday, January 26, 2011

discoveries.

Probably no one reads my blog anymore because I keep closing it down. but it's fine! (:

Well, I've made a few discoveries in the past..month.

1. Sleeping is awesome.
I honestly used to feel guilty sleeping. I have this mentality that if I sleep too much, I might just get a headache! Which sometimes might be true. But, if you weigh the pros and cons of sleeping, the pros far outweigh the cons. A few days ago, I was plagued with a strange condition. I think it was caused by the food I had the day before. Anyhow, the next morning I woke up with a terrible pain in my stomach and I had to go to the toilet a few times, and even vomited. As though that wasnt enough, Mr Fever paid a visit as well. That night, my friend who studies at IMU told me that sleep boosts the immune system. Okay, fine, maybe I should have known that. But somehow it felt more like truth coming from a medical student! So I slept. and slept. And i got so much better the next day! It's amazing what wonders sleep can do for you!

2. Don't look at the speck in your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own eye
I've come to realise, the more try to point the wrong things out in people, there are four fingers pointing back at me. Yes, it backfires. It's such a humbling process when I shut up and take the backseat for once. I learn so much from that rather than when I'm being a control freak and wanting to always take the steering wheel.


So yes, here's to an amazing year with more discoveries! (:

2 comments: